Monday, February 18, 2008

1st Doctor's Appointment

At approximately 1 1/2 weeks, Megan is weighing in at 8 pounds 4 ounces and 21 inches long. I guess there's no question, she's thriving -- and keeping mom up nights to prove it! I'm learning something new every day and the latest lesson is this: chocolate affects babies. Chopper brought me my favorite for Valentine's Day -- a Ghirardelli's citrus sunset. It's a wonderful dark chocolate bar with caramel bits and orange pieces and Megan has been up and fussy for the past two nights! My doctor confirmed the culprit and so, sadly, I am now off of chocolate for a long while I think. Tomatoes and cucumbers are also causes of baby gas issues so it looks like all those wonderful salads my mom has been making may be out as well. My diet will go bland for a while to see if it helps. But I'm ok with that because I think I'd rather have my sleep!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

I have to tell you, it must all depend on the baby. Our daughter, who had our newest granddaughter in September, can eat ANYTHING she wants! And her baby is the best baby I have ever seen! So, even if Megan is fussy, NEXT time around, try eating your favorites again. btw - Megan is adorable! And I'm so glad she is doing well. (I finally redid my google account so that I can comment again) Hope you are all doing wonderful! Miss you in the 11th!