Monday, May 4, 2015

No Title

Well ok then.  My mom was here for 10 days and I don't have a single picture of her and the kids!  We went to the Arboretum and everything!  Sorry mom!

We've had a lot of rain lately and are supposed to get more the next few days.  Plus, while she was here I kind've took advantage and tried to do every doctor's appointment that I possibly could.  Last week particularly was craziness and I'm really looking forward to spending most of our time this week at home.

In other words, I guess I don't even have a lot to say!  Weird I know . . . 
Abby's eyes -- love them.


 Ok so I do have a little bit.  The day we went to the Arboretum was apparently a day for wildlife.  We saw baby birds really close!  We could have touched them.  And the mamma bird was going back and forth feeding them but wasn't angry that we were standing right there.  It was cool to watch.
William loves all animals and this squirrel made his day.  It was trying to get a nut or something and was pretty dedicated.  William was scream at it (in excitement) and it would run away and come back about 30 seconds later.  William would scream at it again and we'd start the process over.  The squirrel did finally give up and go look for another nut it had buried.  



William had horrible diaper rash while my mom was here and we toyed with the idea of starting on the potty training road.  Ok my mom did.  I mostly protested.  I hate potty training.  I did buy him underwear though thinking that it would help get air onto his poor bum.  MIckey Mouse and Planes underwear.  He hated it.  But he wore Abby's underwear and I couldn't resist taking a picture!

So William is now wanting to potty train though and I just do not have the days to spend at home with Abby in preschool.  So I'm making him wait until summer so that we can spend a week or whatever at the house and not have to worry about going anywhere.  In the meantime, he strips down whenever he wants to and I have to chase him back into a diaper.

Like this.  This is a very small space UNDER my bed and between boxes (food storage!) and he managed to crawl under there buck naked.  I was frantic trying to get him out because I was worried that he would pee and I wouldn't be able to get to it.  The boxes now have NO openings in between them.

And that's it!  April was crazy but May will hopefully be a little more low key.

No comments: