Sunday, October 26, 2014

We love to dress up!!

My girls clearly have their own interests and dolls and Barbies have not been on that list but I'm glad to say that they both really love to dress up and since Halloween is pretty much the only time I get to dress up (ok I've started to turn my book club nights into dress up nights honestly), it's one of my favorite times of the year.

Megan's first parent-teacher conference was earlier this week and it left me feeling discouraged.  After talking to her teacher, I almost felt like we were back at square one.  Except maybe at square two.  So even though we still have issues to work on (anxiety mostly with situations and people that she is uncomfortable with), I'm trying to focus on the progress that she has made and continues to make.

Like this:
Catch that?  She's going to the front of the gym to receive her award without hesitation or assistance.  That's huge!

She received awards for perfect attendance and A honor roll!!  Academically she's doing great and really I think that socially she's improved quite a bit.  We're very proud of her! 

Last night was our ward trunk-or-treat and the kids all had great costumes although not so much great pictures!!  They're a challenge! 
William the minion.  My friend Christy crocheted this awesome hat for him and he WORE IT!  He took it off occasionally (since our Halloween party was in 90 degree weather until the sun went down) but was generally really good about wearing it and he was ADORABLE!!

Megan's Toothless costume (from How to Train your Dragon) turned out really well.  Megan painted the dragon skull on the tail herself.

Chopper got this chef's smock for Woodbadge (a Boy Scouts training camp thing that he's helping with -- in the kitchen obviously), sprayed his hair white (it came out a little gray) and went at Guy Fieri -- one of the Food Network chefs.  He really looked the part too!!


Abby -- I can't believe I don't have a picture of her on her own!! -- went as Elsa.  I didn't bother trying to figure out hair but she loves the costume!

I really really wanted to do a couples costume with Chopper but once he set his mind to being Guy my only real option was a kabob.  So at the last minute I bought some fake snakes at the dollar store, wrapped a sheet around myself, and went as Medusa.  I should've gotten a better picture of my hair -- it actually looks really good with the snakes sticking out all over.  I think that I still look pregnant in this picture -- not my favorite.




William LOVES LOVES dogs.  Too bad we'll never get one!!  

A couple of selfies with the cutest boy ever and you can see my hair a little bit better.



We took a few more pictures right before starting the trunk or treat.  Chopper REALLY looks like Guy here!  Megan decided to be in a bad mood once we started.  She and Abby both had meltdowns about halfway through and we left a little early.  I think it's partly the crowds of people that put her on edge even though they're all people we know.  It's also the end of the day and then several cars had carnival type games and she is NOT good at those kinds of physical things (gets it from me).  Abby I think was just tired.  She will still take naps if I can get her to lay down and when she doesn't, she gets emotional and cranky very easily.  Hopefully trick-or-treat next weekend goes better!!



 There were 6 little Elsas at the party so we got a picture with them all.  When William saw that, he just stepped right onto the end of the line and did his "cheese" as well.


Oh well.  Good friends, good chili and fun at the park in costumes!!  I think we can count it as a success!!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Wow, six Elsa's. I know our ward had one but I can't remember having THAT many. Love the medusa idea and I agree, Chopper really does look like Guy. Well done!