Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Off to a good start!

Summer has begun!!  This year we don't have any major plans for it either.  We try to get to Michigan to see my parents and escape the heat but this year they are moving to Las Vegas.  So with the chaos of the move (yay for selling their house fast though!) we won't be visiting Michigan.  And quite frankly, I don't think we'll EVER visit Las Vegas in the summer!  Our visits to Grandma and Grandpa may now have to be spring break visits!

Monday and Tuesday though we were blessed with some absolutely fantastic morning weather.  Monday it rained (which we desperately needed -- still do actually) and Tuesday morning we woke up, ate breakfast, jumped in the car, and got to the Arboretum just as it was opening.  Beautiful weather, a nice breeze, and very few people?  I'll take that any day!!


 A lot of my pictures involved the kids running away from me.  That's not really a reflection on me of course but more on how excited they were to just go.  William especially.  He was in heaven!

They took down the Texas history houses (well, wagon, and early settlers -- can you call those things houses?) and put up several "bird houses" that teach about birds.  The owl one was the coolest looking by far but the inside of this nest one had bird tracks all over the floor and a sign on the wall that you could use to identify each set of tracks.  That was really interesting although it also highlighted my most recent behavior struggle with Megan -- she has to be first or right every single time and throws a fit when she's not.  It's driving me bonkers and I don't know what to do about it.  I feel like all she does is whine, complain, tantrum, or cry.  Sorry -- maybe that's for another post.  Suggestions anyone?








A nice man offered to take this picture of us.  Megan refused.

Abby is fascinated by magnolia trees and their flowers lately.  I don't know if it's the size or the flowers on trees but she loves them.

This is funny though.  I was trying to get her to tilt her head a little to get a cute pose out of her.  This is her tilt.  And then when I laughed she had to do every picture leaning further and further over.  I have to admit though, she takes some great selfies with me.  I just need to get them off my phone and on the blog because they are good.  I love that she can be a ham. 



William wanted to climb the frog and threw a fit when I said no so that's when we left.



But after we popped in to Chopper's work and said hi to daddy and disrupted all his co-workers.  I really like a lot of his co-workers actually and it's fun to see them.  They love seeing the kids and always have treats at the ready!!

Abby asked me where the pumpkins were.  That really is her favorite time of year -- fall and Halloween.  She asks me about it at least once a week.  I'm not sure why no other holiday compares.  I would think that presents would trump candy but apparently not!  But she's got a whole summer to get through before we get there, which reminds me that I need to get her preschool paperwork in!!!

No comments: