Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pumpkin Love

Last trip for a while.  Our membership expires at the end of the month and we're not going to renew.  I'm sad about it but with everything that's going to be happening we just won't get there enough to make it worth it -- if it all!!  Yesterday's weather was also beautiful!!  I would say it's finally cooling down but I think it was a fluke and is supposed to be back into the 90s this week.  Our newspaper said that the first 17 days of September this year were hotter than the first 17 days of July!!  I can't complain though.  I do love fall weather but it always seems so short-lived before winter sets in and I love having more warm weather than cold.  Anyway!!  We got lucky because the pumpkin village opened yesterday!  This has always been the girls favorite time of year and they were so excited to see all the pumpkins again.  William loved it as well although it would have been nice if he'd been walking!  Sadly, we're still working on that.  I blame it partially on the fact that he is really really fast on his knees and also thinks it's funny to fall over when we're trying to walk.






 Abby looks at me says "mommy I'm Abby pumpkin cheeks!!"  Had to take a picture of that!

William's first time wearing shoes!  I just never put them on my kids until they're walking -- I guess I don't really see a point.  But since he will stand and try to walk I wanted something on his feet.  When we took them off at home he threw a fit and we had to put them back on.  The pants are also to protect his legs while he crawls around in the mulch but I think the whole effect is that he looks like such a little boy!!  No more baby here!


 Lots of favorites to enjoy -- the bridge, the Cinderella pumpkin carriage and the millions of tiny pumpkins that the girls spent a lot of time rearranging so that they could be with their mommies.  






 Chopper upgraded the operating system on his phone (he loves the smart phone more than I do I think) and spent a lot of time doing pictures.  There are some that he took at the end.






 Ok I don't know who these people are so I hope I don't get in trouble but one of the things the girls love about the Arboretum is all the brides and teenage girls having their Quincenara photo shoots.  We see LOTS of poofy and bright dresses.  

Abby, King of the Rock -- Mulan reference if you're not familiar with Disney.  She was also King of the Pumpkin at one point.




These last 4 are pictures Chopper took on his phone.  Kind've sickening when your phone is as good or better than your actual camera!!



But yes, we're still obsessed!



No comments: