Thursday, September 19, 2013

Great News!!

Our free fetal DNA tests came back early!!!  And I have to just briefly say, this test amazes me.  They take my blood (so totally noninvasive), separate out fetal blood cells, and actually count the chromosomes on numbers 13, 18, and 21.  So when the results come in, it's not a statistical chance of having a child with a chromosomal abnormality, it's a yes or no.

And the answer is no!!

I'm so relieved!  Chopper and I will love any child that comes to us but it is a weight off my shoulders to know that we are only dealing with one problem right now.  I am really grateful for these amazing technologies that are allowing us to know so much so early on and prepare in the best way we can to do everything we can for our baby!

I feel rejuvenated and upbeat again about going to see the cardiologist next week because it will just mean more answers and more planning and prep work that we can accomplish.  I still have half a pregnancy to go (and then some) so I've got paint and quilts and things to think about!!  Yay!!

1 comment: