Sunday, August 15, 2010

I'm never going back

I love bacon. I wonder sometimes if there is anyone out there who doesn't love bacon -- ok vegetarians and vegans aside but they don't count in this instance because they eat no meat. Anyway, that's not the point.

Nearly a month ago I read this post on a blog that I have taken to following called "Or So She Says" and put this little tidbit about cooking bacon IN THE OVEN in the back of my mind.

Well my mom and I tried it and it is fabulous -- no spattering grease, no worrying about whether or not I am getting it too done (i.e. burnt, and I ALWAYS do) and no chewy fatty parts that curled up in the pan and didn't quite cook. I really dislike those chewy fatty parts. We were a little concerned that it would spatter a mess in the oven but my mom's oven started AND ENDED pristine. I would take a picture of the bacon, and the oven, but my mom took her camera to California to take pictures of new nephew/grandson Liam (which she's NOT doing and I'm dying to see pictures!!!!) so you'll have to take my word on this.

I am never cooking bacon on the stovetop or in the microwave again. Ever.

No comments: