Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Blessing Day!

Abigail Joann was blessed yesterday! It was such a nice day. My parents and brother Jeff came down from Michigan for the weekend and it's been a lot of fun to spend time with them. Megan really likes Jeff -- I think it's because he gets down on her level and also because he's a goof-ball and do things over and over and over and over -- you know, he's kind've like a toddler himself! Anyway, yesterday Chopper gave Abby a really nice blessing and then after church we went to his parents house and had lunch there. It was a really nice visit and I love a day just spent with family!


Abby of course wore the same blessing gown that Megan did. Chopper's mom crocheted it for us even before there was a Megan. Actually, I think it was a Christmas present the first year we were married! It is beautiful although Chopper says it looks like a doilie and the girls should be laid out on pianos! I love it though and I love having an heirloom piece made by their grandma! We tried to get a family picture but it didn't happen in all the rush of getting to lunch so we just took ones of each other with Abby. I love how she's smiling up at me!




Some of the things we did this weekend included a nice picnic at Old Mill Park down by the Rappahannock River. Megan really liked throwing rocks in. And we just hung out. We watched movies (ok Grandpa slept) and played games and Jeff checked his email ALL THE TIME! I can't complain though -- he's spending the summer in an internship that he was getting details for. And it's in publishing so I'm just a little jealous!





I tried to take some cute pictures at our lunch at Chopper's parents and then realized I didn't get any of them! I feel really bad about that. Megan played outside when she wasn't trying to escape Grandma -- actually I was trying to get her to sit in a picture and she wouldn't! Emily's kids did though (my sister-in-law). They're not my mom's grandkids but she was the one holding Abby and I thought the picture turned out cute -- even if you can't really see Blu in the back (Emily's son). The oldest girl is Eve and the one keeping Megan captive is Sophie.



Even though my brother Jeff is really good with kids, we had to teach him how to handle a baby! It was kind've funny to watch him try to hold Abby or take her from you. He'll get better with practice eventually but he was so awkward with her! It made me laugh. Of course to Grandma and Grandpa, it's all old hat and Chopper -- well let's just say that he is already getting the full benefit of being a father of daughters. This is what Megan calls "Princess Daddy".

1 comment:

mickelsenfamily said...

How nice you were all able to be together. I love the blessing dress...so pretty!