Friday, May 21, 2010

Abby's Quilt Finished!!!

Someday I will finish a quilt BEFORE the baby is born! Although it's fun to take pictures of Abby with her quilt too.

I found this fabric that I absolutely fell in love with back in December and then found a pattern that I really liked. Unfortunately, when I started the quilt and laid out the first squares, something was definitely missing. So I went around and around in circles about what to do to use this fabric (and drove Chopper crazy in the process) and finally decided that I would go back to my favorite pattern, stars. And this is the result! I really love this quilt! I know it's probably not traditionally colored for babies but it turned out so fun and bright! I love bright colors rather than pastels anyway. I hand-quilted in leaves and flowers and vine around the border and voila! I think I shall call it, Stars in the Garden!


3 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh Kristy it is gorgeous! Wow, Stars in the Garden...breathtaking. I LOVE the colors! You do an amazing job.

James and Kista said...

It looks amazing!!! I know she will love it forever!

Linda King said...

Kristy I love the quilt--it is absolutely beautiful. I didn't know you made quilts. Your girls are darling!