Saturday, June 2, 2018

End of Year Madness

So it's not exactly over - we have two weeks. Ugh. I did NOT appreciate our early release date in Texas. Of course by the end of May its already too hot to breathe in Texas so I suppose I can't complain. But the kids are done and I'm done and these last few weeks are full of activities to try and keep us all entertained!  

The kids all participated in a Cinco de Mayo program at school put on by the Spanish teachers. I didn't get good pictures or video except one of Megan in her sombrero!

Her teacher at school does a fun spotlight where she's asked questions about herself and Megan did a great job being in the spotlight!  Then we took a picture afterwards with friends and her teacher. 


They've all had their field trips by now and I chaperoned this year!  I've never really chaperoned before because I've had little ones and I've always felt my attention would be divided. So this year I said I would chaperone them ALL and . . . Megan said no. I guess she's gotten used to me not being there.  But I did go with William to Playmobil Park and Abby to the Dino Park and we had a lot of fun. 
The Playmobil Park is basically a huge playground. I take that back - it's a conglomeration of several themed playgrounds.  It's about an hour away and so the kids were sad that we had to leave after a few hours to get back before the end of school but it was an awesome place and I'm planning on taking all the kids back this summer.
 





One of William's friends took this picture of me and William refused to be in it. He was mad about leaving. 


 The dino park was also cool but not as interactive. Mostly it was walking along a path and seeing and learning about dinosaurs. There weren't too many interactive exhibits. There was one that measured your speed and found that Abby is faster than a stegosaurus!

 

We also participated in a school-wide fun run and this week they have their field day. And then we hang in there until the end!!  

No comments: