Monday, April 9, 2018

Testing Testing . . .

Yeah it's been almost two months since I posted.  Part of it is because I've been pretty busy - school, German classes, subbing, and regular life. But then my blog decided not to let me in and since the email address I created it with is no longer in existence, I gave it up for lost and decided to start a new one. But since my computer says "hey you're in Germany!" it's being a pain and I'm wondering if I should even bother. I don't blog for followers and I'm not sure that people actually read it. It used to be an easy way to journal and then turn it into a hardcopy book but the last two years I've done more work getting the book ready and so the blog becomes an extra thing. Then, surprise surprise, it let me in today!  So I'm writing this and posting about life the last six weeks but I'm not sure I'll continue . . . thoughts?


I've been taking Masters classes in history online and am enjoying the subject matter - not the format. That's another story. I feel compelled to do that now but I don't want to cut back on travel to pay for it!  So I've finally been approved and am subbing at the kids' elementary school three days a week. My days off are either homework or working on my church calling or at the school for special events. I'm at the school a lot. For Valentine's day, William's teacher did a "we love to read" lunch and invited the parents. We read, had lunch together, and the kids all gave us roses.  It was so sweet!

This boy struggles with his letters still.  He wants to get it right the first time but is fairly lazy and doesn't put the effort in. I feel like 1st grade is where the reading is hit hard so I'm not too worried yet but it is frustrating!

He's also starting to not want to take pictures unless they're silly.

But this is a sweet one.

When the weather is cold and you don't have Christmas markets to go to, you improvise!  Actually we were shopping for pants for the girls and it was right after Fasching so we had a little fun.
 
Abby is fun!

When I'm subbing, I take the kids home from school with me and sometimes we have to stay a little bit while I finish paperwork, etc. William was excited there were legos in this particular classroom and wanted me to take a picture of him and his creation.

Every Friday is spirit day and I asked William if he wanted to match with me.  He said yes so I got out his school shirt but then he looked at me and ran upstairs to change his pants to jeans as well and then wanted a picture taken. You know, I don't think the girls have ever done this with me?  He loves his momma!

Then of course we had the 100th day of school and he had to dress like an old man.  He specifically asked for the the mustache, hat and glasses.  He was super cute. 

Now he's acting like an old man.

Gelato season has begun!  I could fill a whole album with ice cream pictures!

We dyed easter eggs this year and I blew out about a dozen for painting. We had planned to go to Garmisch for a weekend with Chopper for a scout training but had sick kids instead so he went down and I stayed behind. We had a great staycation though with the eggs, new movies, and lots of laziness.








Abby's eggs seriously look like Mexican wrestling masks though. 

On another weekend we did a day in Nuremberg because Abby is now taking violin lessons and we found a place that rents them (hooray!) We wandered a bit (their Easter market was terrible!) and popped into some churches -- included our favorite, St. Sebold. The one with the casket on snails.




We also tracked down a cat cafe - literally they have rescued cats running around. It was a vegan cafe (out of respect for the animals) but their cakes were actually quite good.


But cake didn't fill us up so we went to Bra for doners -- best place!




That is a tiny violin for a tiny girl!



No comments: