Monday, February 12, 2018

Kids Being Kids

The kids are at really good ages. Not too many tantrums, mainly independent, but not yet into the teenager years. They say a lot of fun things that Chopper and I just laugh over and I had to get some of them down on paper because they're so good.

We have a chimney sweep that comes 2-3 times a year.  A lot of people speak English but not necessarily a lot of English.  And I really try to meet them halfway with my German!  So this last time the sweep came William was really interested in watching what he did to clean the chimneys and so he was standing right there when I thanked him for coming (in German) and said good-bye - the sweep obviously replied in German as well.  After I shut the door William turned to me and said "Mom, I don't know why people talk that way (in German), but when people talk to me that way, I do this:" he then stands perfectly still with this blank look on his face and I just started laughing because honestly, that's what I do a lot too!

Another good William one - he's been very interested in the Deacons passing the sacrament in church on Sundays and has asked me questions about when he'll be a big boy to do it too.  Two Sundays after the hymn when the boys stood up to bless the sacrament, he turned to me and said, "mom is it time for the snack-rament?" I started laughing and said " you mean sacrament?" He replies, "oh, yeah, I thought it was called the snack-rament!"

Last but not least we were talking about twins.  Abby told me that if she every has a boy / girl twin combo she's going to name them Jane and Austen for me (she's so sweet!).  Megan then added that if she had a boy/girl twin combo she would name them Ben and Anna so that she could just yell "banana" when she needed them to come!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

The twin combo names are hilarious.