Wednesday, November 25, 2009

More Books Please

The other day in Goodwill I had two older women stop and stare at Megan sitting on the floor reading books while I combed through the stacks. They couldn't believe that she was a) turning the pages (of a regular book) and not tearing them, and b) actually "reading" the book. I take no credit other than loving books myself and letting her at them from day 1 but really, she is not a normal child. So we get books from the library every week too and there are some that are her favorites. Right now one of them is Lunch by Denise Fleming. It's pretty simple but really cute and Megan now knows the story well enough that she reads it along with Chopper or I. That's what the video is and it's pretty good!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

She is just so sweet!! Eliza loves Slinky Malinki Open the Door by Lynley Dodd. I think Megan would like it too. It is repetitive and has some great words.

James and Kista said...

"NO, we don't rip the scriptures..."

P.S.
Landon loved watching this video!