Monday, April 13, 2009

My Grand Debut

I've debated telling this story but Chopper and my mom think it's hilarious so I suppose I should laugh about it as well.

Yesterday I did my first sharing time as the Primary President. It wasn't bad -- Easter-themed and the kids seemed to enjoy it. Plus I had a really great attention-getter for the beginning.

Part of the lesson involved pictures of the events of Christ's life and I'm walking to the board to put the first one up. Backwards. And talking at the same time. And we have a fixed podium in our primary room with a small stair step for the little little kids to stand on when they give talks, etc. And I tripped. No big deal right?

As I'm struggling to regain my balance, arms waiving and everything, I try to reposition my feet. Only I reposition on the edge of the stair and just pretty much go head over heels. I hear a collective gasp from 30 children ages 4-8, 5 teachers, a pianist, and a choristor as I go down. I jump up and say "I'm ok!" But I wasn't. I'm pretty sure our pianist and choristor (who is male) got a good look under my skirt. I don't think the kids did since I was behind the podium . . . Well at least it can't get any worse than that. And nothing was hurt except my pride -- and that probably needed to be taken down a notch after the Megan Easter pictures. I just didn't know it would happen so literally!

No comments: