Saturday, September 7, 2013

Best Things

I didn't feel like I had much to post all week because we're certainly not "doing" much.  But then I looked back and realized that having a low-key (i.e. lazy) week has really made me appreciate little things that just make me smile on a day to day basis.

So the best things about this week:
  • Watching Megan walk out of the school with her group to the point where we meet to walk home together.  She's so small and sweet among the older kids and with her backpack bouncing against her legs.
  • Every day after school when she sees me she gets excited and yells, "mommy" and gives everyone hugs and kisses.  I don't think that will last too many more years and I love it.
  • Abby saying several times this week: "oooh in-tris-tring".  It's adorable.
  • William NOT walking because he gets so excited to do it he can't stand up.
  • Getting to know new people in our ward by having them over for dinner and Chopper smoking up awesome ribs and brisket.
  • Rain in Texas!!!  And letting the girls play in it and get delightfully soaked.

  • Morning walks to school that are NOT 100% (but afternoon walks that are).
  • An amazing sister-in-law (Denise) who sent a package just because she loves us and made me cry and put on 5 pounds because of the awesome Cadbury chocolate and dark chocolate pomegranate seeds that I have not shared with a single person.  The package made me cry, the chocolate caused the weight gain.  
  • The number of people who have asked if I'm ok and also made me cry.  Because I am.  Just emotional.
  • Finally FINALLY finishing a quilt to order and realizing that I don't think I want to quilt for a business -- just for fun.  But I'll run a fabric store instead.

  
  • My amazing husband doing all the work because I may not be throwing up but I'm still tired, and my foot hurts, and I have a headache, and what else is wrong with me?  Yeah, I may be worthless right now but Chopper is incredible.
  • Oh I should include girls night to see Austenland last Friday that was absolutely hilarious and has spurred a Jane Austen marathon for the week.  And the realization AGAIN of how much I do not like Keira Knightly's Pride and Prejudice.
  • A trip to the temple FINALLY last night.  It's been way too long.
  • Cooking chicken and not getting sick.
  • William screaming for 15 minutes only to quiet down when Chopper gives him to me.  Ok slightly annoying that he only calms down for me (literally) but kind've sweet when he snuggles in and starts doing his funny lip thing on my shirt.  Yes he still does that.
  • Keeping up with my family on Instagram -- soooo worth the phone!!!
  • Megan asking me to make tiger ears with her hair and then taking a self picture that's pretty funny.

  • The girls cleaning their room without being asked (even though they were supposed to be sleeping) and doing a great job until you look at the other side


and see this:
 all piled up.  But they were so excited and shouted "ta-da" and everything!  How can you not love that?




No comments: