Friday, August 20, 2010

I Wish I Had Camera Eyes

Does that sound funny? There are those split second moments that just don't last long enough to get the camera out. Today a large, beautiful butterfly landed on a flower that Megan was holding. She was so excited and then when it flew away of course she kept asking it to do it again. Darn butterfly simply didn't listen! Yesterday as I was making dinner I had Abby in her seat and Megan came into the kitchen and started "tickling" her knees. Abby laughs at the simplest things and her laughing made Megan laugh and it was just the sweetest thing to watch the two of them interacting like that. I know their relationship won't always be like that but it's nice to see it getting off on the right foot.

Abby is consistently rolling over back to front and then getting mad because she usually can't get back over. Actually, I think the frustration is that tummy time limits her access to her hands. She has been chewing on them nonstop! I keep looking for teeth, but nothing yet. Megan still sleeps with five balls at bed: big ball, purple ball, soccer ball, basketball, and football. Then she carries big ball around all day (it's not that big actually). She wants me to lay on the bed with her and sing every night which I actually really enjoy and she's pretty much given up naps. Sigh. I can usually get her to go in her room and play for about an hour so that I still get a break but even that appears to be headed out the window. Oh well, I knew napping couldn't last forever. I wish it would. I wish I could nap every day! Her speech is so good. She actually told Grandpa Gasser the other night that she loved him. She doesn't say I love you very often AT ALL even though I say it several times a day. I guess it just makes it that much sweeter when she deems you worthy of a reply! Mention Texas though and she goes off on how we're going to see Daddy again and have a campfire and cactuses. I'm not entirely sure where all of that has come from but they're all linked together in her mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristy, I really enjoy your blog...the way you express yourself is like hearing you talk...I love it! Your girls are so cute and I am looking forward to seeing all of you at the wedding. Love, Aunt Shirley Ann

P.S. I hope I don't forget to ask you how you cooked bacon in the oven without a mess.