Friday, May 7, 2010

Odds and ends

I didn't really know what else to call this. Megan went through a phase where every time we heard a siren -- and it was pretty frequently since apparently we're on a major road for fire truck and police travel (yikes!) -- she ran to the window to see. So imagine how excited we were when one pulled up and stopped right in front of our building! I say we meaning Chopper and I. Megan did not care AT ALL! In fact, Chopper tried to carry her onto the patio and she screamed bloody murder. She was too busy playing animals. We ended up with 3 full size fire engines and an ambulance at our apartment building. The culprit? A 3rd floor neighbor's dryer caught on fire! It was quickly handled and I doubt there was every any danger but still, it was drama for us on a regular day.

I cannot believe how smiley Abby is. I've been comparing her to Megan (I try not to but it's hard!) and Megan we really had to coax to smile and laugh as she got older. Abby is just easy to please I guess. And adorable! There's a really cute short video from Pampers about Motherhood and it mentions taking 15 different pictures of the same thing . . . guilty as charged! But I'm only posting 3!!!



We've had beautiful weather and have been taking walks in the evenings. Originally, they were supposed to help me get some more exercise and start getting rid of baby belly but with Megan walking and meandering and examining, it's not much exercise! But we still enjoy it.

1 comment:

Gary Shirley Ann Aston Family Blog said...

What cute little girls you have...and I really enjoy your blog. Since I doubt you will ever get out to California, a blog is the next best thing. Love, Aunt Shirley Ann